Hyderus is a specialised consultancy in communications and policy which works on some of the most exciting and important issues of the 21st century
- Development and politics: how developing countries interact with the industrialised world, the changing rôle of the emerging economies, the ways that stakeholders across the world look at international politics
- Public health: how health priorities are set and changed, which stakeholders affect health policy, how decisions are made about public money and health
- Treatment decisions: how people with diseases make choices about their treatments, why stakeholders act the way they do, which treatments are funded
Sometimes we work directly with civil society or media and organise events but our two major areas of expertise are
- Strategic planning: helping clients to plan to lead discussions and to play an active part in formulating policy
- Knowledge transfer and capacity building: working within client organisations to develop skills and to implement the strategic plan
Beyond Europe, Hyderus has particular expertise in Africa and India. We are very committed to our home country — we offer a special set of services to clients in Wales and charge reduced fees for not-for-profit clients within the country.
Hyderus offers personal service from senior consultants with a background in policy, public relations, stakeholder management and market research. For large international projects, we work through the global consultancy Baird’s CMC (Hyderus is a major shareholder). We have been integral to developing PAIR, the innovative public-private consulting partnership between Baird’s CMC and the University of Pretoria. Hyderus set up Health Issues India and has close connections with the Indian healthcare consultancy Tramor. Hyderus has also set up Health Issues UK for news specifically about the UK.